One Dollar Wednesday...my snowman spoons

I'm late in posting this morning, but I'm late at everything this time of year. So much to do, so little time!

I found these great vintage spoons at a thrift store... they were 4/$1.00, so I thought they would be perfect to use for One Dollar Wednesday. Now, I am not suggesting that spoons bought at thrift stores are good for eating from...but they are perfect for crafting.


Out to the Spray Paint Place for a coat of metal primer, and a quick coat of "snow" white.


Add an orange carrot nose with a permanent marker...


and additional details with a fine point Sharpie.

Cut four rectangles from scrap fabric,


and fold up the very end of the fabric to form a little rim for the hat.


Attach to the spoon with a dot of glue.


Complete the hat by gluing it together in the back, and adding a little yarn tie to the top. Now bend back the spoon~ the hardest part of this entire craft!


Hang the happy little guy on the tree for a season of snowman smiles!