One Dollar Wednesday... Coat Hooks

Are you lucky like me? Lucky enough to live near a Michael's craft store? Well, I was pleased as punch to find these fun hooks at Michael's the other day, in the Dollar Section no less. I knew immediately I would use them for One Dollar Wednesday :). Wouldn't you know it, they even still had each one of my children's first initial.



See this lovely coat hook thingy that we've been using FOR YEARS... well, I don't really decorate in primitives any longer, so it's time for it to find a new use...maybe my purse collection.



I really wanted to get something up on this wall, that's just inside my back door.



It's in the laundry room, that needs to be redone sooo badly...




Yikes!



Well, now I have a jumping off point right! So anyway, I started by tracing the letters onto scrapbook paper...



(here are the papers I used for this project)



A quick coat of Mod Podge, and I slapped those papers onto my letters.



I let them dry, and sanded/filed around the edges...




A top layer of Mod Podge, and a little more drying time.

Here they are all finished...



I laid them on these boards that I had in the garage, just to get some ideas, and really like the look. What do you think?