A Very Hungry Birthday!---Invitations

Hi, remember me, SueAnn, yes I am still alive!  I know I haven't posted in ages, but this pregnancy has been really rough on me.  Just 4 short weeks and she'll be here, I can't believe it!  I do have lots of projects for my husband to do and me to post, HA!

Tomorrow is my son's SECOND birthday.  I really cannot believe he is 2!  Since I knew I would be throwing his party so pregnant, I have done a little at a time, during naps and at night (before 10pm), and I think it is going to turn out cute!  I think this party has been easier to plan than the last, maybe because I did break it up so much, instead of doing a ton at the end.  It was low cost too!

One of his favorite books currently is The Very Hungry Caterpillar, so I thought that would be the perfect theme.  A friend of mine threw her son's first birthday 6 months ago and also did The Very Hungry Caterpillar theme.  The invitations she did we so cute, I asked if she would mind if I stole her idea!  She gave me the go ahead and told me she had originally seen the idea at Pottery Barn.

The invitations are small Mason jars, with a caterpillar and a leaf inside.  I did multi colored paper on the tops and wrote the kids names.  I mainly just invited family, since I knew I would be too tired to invite too many people.



I wanted to type up the invites on the leaves, but they ended up being too small, so I hand wrote them.  On one side I wrote "You're Invited...", then wrote all the details on the other side.  I used my Silhouette to cut the leaves and the eyes of the caterpillar.  They were really quick to put together, a dozen only took me about an hour.  I just hot glued the pom poms together and then threw everything into the jar.  Each invitation cost less than $1.00.  My son's cousins thought they were great and have loved playing with the caterpillar.  My son isn't the most gentle, he ripped the eyes off of his. :)

The party is this Saturday, I am super excited, I think he will just love it!  I will post all the details next week, stay tuned!