Easy Dishwasher Magnet

A few weeks ago, on a Saturday morning, my husband and I had just sat down for breakfast. I had grabbed 2 bowls out of the dishwasher, we ate our cereal and I went to put away the rest of the dishes from the dishwasher. I pulled out a glass, and to my horror, realized that the dishes in the dishwasher were NOT CLEAN! My husband could see on my face that something was wrong, and when he asked what, I didn't want to tell him. He was mortified, which was actually surprising to me since he had lived in the ghettos of Brasil for 2 years. To prevent this from happening again, I decided to make a dishwasher magnet.

I had just downloaded the new kit, the PLENTIFUL collection, from shabby princess, and it had the cutest journal paper. I knew this would make the perfect dishwasher magnet! I was printing some photos to Costco, so I decided to print off my magnet on photo paper. I thought the photo paper would be a bit more durable in the kitchen.

After cutting out my templates I found one of my more powerful magnets, so that it would work from both sides, and used a little hot glue to secure it in place.

I glued the magnet onto both sides, and now have a cute magnet, that flips over from clean to dirty. I hope this will prevent any more incidents like the one above!