Bathtub Bookshelf

My son is a book worm, no question. He will choose a book over a toy any day and could sit on your lap for HOURS if you will read to him. He has a great attention span for a one year old and I love that he loves reading. Because he is such a book worm, we have picked up a couple bath tub books for him, my only problem is, how to store them?

I took a trip to the Dollar Tree to see what I could find. Now I am no Dollar Store guru, I wish I had some of Karen's talents and creativity when it comes to Dollar store finds, she is absolutely amazing. I guess I don't have to tell you that, you read this blog, you have seen her One Dollar Wednesdays. So, I picked up these fun green baskets that came in a 3 pack, along with some suction cups. They were PERFECT!
I love how they have the long holes in the sides, it will let the water run out of the basket and dry out completely. That is a must, so no yucky bacteria grows.
This project took me all of about 5 minutes. Stick the suction cups to the tub, poke them through the holes of the basket, and DONE.
We only have a couple books so far, but if we acquire any more I can always use the other 2 baskets. I am kind of funny with my bath toys, since I am such a germaphobe. My other bath toys have a MAX life of 90 days. I wash them once a week and try to get them completely dried out. If not, I toss them, I haven't bought any of them, we have received them as gifts. I don't plan on buying any new ones either, he likes playing with the cup better than anything else, and that I just throw in the dishwasher. The books I wash once a week with my dish soap/vinegar combo to kill any bacteria, as well as a run under hot water after each use.

I am sure my son will be super excited about his new book shelf when we take a bath tonight!