Snack Planning

Now that we are done with the baby food phase and onto table food, I have found myself having to think way to hard about what to feed my lil' guy. By snack time he is hungry and ready to eat, and doesn't want to wait for Mama to think about what to feed him. Because of this, he has been eating a lot of Cheerios lately, which are ok sometimes, but not the most nutritious. A few months ago, I was talking with a friend about kids and snacking and she has such a fun system for her kids, I decided to adopt it myself. Her kids snack at 10:30 and 3:30 and they get one healthy snack and one fun snack. I loved her list and modified it a little to fit out home. I made up a list with graphics, since it will be awhile before my son is reading. Right now I just choose the snacks, but once he is a little older, he can choose what he wants off the lists.



I threw it in one of my favorite double sided frames and now I can just glance at the list and give him a snack.
Everyone is happy!