The Bebe Shower: Decor

My baby shower budget was very small, these days we are stretching our dollars super thin. Despite that fact, I tried to make it cute and simple. One thing I did learn with throwing this shower is take some PTO at work and take the week OFF. Due to the fact I was trying to balance work and the shower, some of my decor, (the pom poms I wanted to make, the lanterns I was going to spray paint, etc.) did not get made. I still think it turned out cute though. I spent a grand total of about $20 out of my pocket on this shower. The only things I had to buy was some scrapbook paper, chocolate, and some food. I have a great family who helped make/buy food, I am so lucky! Everything else I had on hand.

First, I made this necktie banner. Remember how I hung my Christmas cards? Same idea here with the twine and clothes pins, which I already had on hand. I used my Christmas present from my hubby (the Silhouette) and can I just say, that little machine is AWESOME. Saved me so much time cutting everything for me!
I have a bunch of the TOLSBY frames from IKEA. I picked them up a couple months ago, they are darling and only $.99!! I love how you can use them front and back too! I put a picture of the parents to be, an ultrasound photo, then used some scrapbook paper to jazz them up. I also decided with the "little man" theme to do mustaches on a stick. I have seen these a bunch of places, my cute friend Cierra did an awesome photo shoot with some, and I thought they would be so fun. I was RIGHT! Everyone loved them! I downloaded a mustache template from Lisa Welge's blog; I debated whether to do them in felt I had, but then I thought, "I can either hand cut them out of felt, or the machine can cut them for me out of paper." I don't have to tell you which choice won. I just used my trusty glue stick to glue them onto skewers.
When I decided to do the "little man" theme, all I had for ideas was my sucker mold. I perused the internet a bit and came across this CUTE idea for necktie napkins over at the Smitty Baby blog. So easy to make, just use napkins I already have, cut the ties out of scrapbook paper, and use a glue stick to adhere them. Easy, cheap, and FUN!

Don't the mustaches and neckties look great together?


I used the diaper cake to as a decoration at the end of the table, overall I think the decor turned out cute, what do you think?
I can't wait to share the rest of the details with you!